Thursday 6 September 2007

VEEGGIE BURGERS!


I give full credit to Kezia for this recipe. I modified here and there to things I had/didn't have, all in all it turned out to be a scrumptious dinner.

"Anything goes veggie burgers"
Ingredients:
Tofu or TVP or Tempeh
Any kind of mashed beans (i used carribean-esque beans, with lime)
or lentils
Tomato paste
peanut butter
soy sauce
worchester sauce
fried onions or leeks
onion or garlic powder
chopped nuts of any kind
flour or wheat germ
corn meal
nutritional yeast
olive oil
grated or mashed carrots
coriander
dill
paprika
egg
liquid smoke (optional)

"This recipe is a work in progress. You just need to add any or all of the ingredients and mash them up in a bowl until they keep ball shape but aren't too dry. Roll them in a mixture of corn meal and sesame seeds. Bake (--or shallow fry, like I did) until they're crispy and firm. These freeze well.

Serve with baked potato wedge topped with dill and paprila. Sprinkle some vinegar over the raw wedges before you put them in the oven to make sure they're yummy and moist inside."

1 comment:

I Heart Cabbage said...

Nummers, I was just making a nut loaf again. Now I want some veggie burgers. Ugh, I haven't been cooking at all since I was in Canada, though I made some delicious Seafood Chowder the other day, which I think I'll post later. Tonight I take the bus home from Winnipeg to Thunder Bay - 8 hours here I come!